4A District 1 Meet Information (Swimming)
Let’s get excited Bobcats! Districts are here!
There is a mandatory team practice and breakfast for all swimmers (including club!) from 6:00 to 7:30 am on Tuesday (October 18) at the Northeast Pool.
Important information on the meet is below.
Planet Swim and Tennis
300 Davis Park Road
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32081
- Arrive AT BUCHHOLZ no later than: 7:00 am (come to the parking loop in front of the gym)
- Bus departs: 7:30 am
- Meet warm-ups: 10:15 am
- Meet starts: 11:30 am
- Approximate meet end: 3:00 pm
- Approximate bus arrival AT BUCHHOLZ: 5:30–6:00 pm
It is mandatory that swimmers stay until the end of the meet and return to Gainesville on the team bus. Bus will return to Buchholz and swimmers can be picked up there.
- Athletes should wear their black 2022 team shirt, team sweatshirt (if purchased), and team sweatpants (to be handed out at Tuesday practice).
- Athletes should wear TENNIS SHOES to the meet. No flip flops or slides!
- Black team suits or tech suits must be worn for the competition by swimmers. Team caps must be worn if you wear a cap.
What to Bring
- Bobcat spirit gear (beads, ears, pom pons!)
- Swim gear (goggles, towels, nose clips, etc.)
- Folding chair for use under team tents on pool deck
- It will be sunny but cool at the meet, so bring sunscreen and anything else you wish to use to keep warm between events (parkas, etc.).
- Athletes should bring their own snacks and drinks, and the team will supplement: swimmers will be provided with breakfast bags upon loading the bus at Buchholz and with boxed lunches upon arrival at the meet. Snacks will also be provided for the bus ride back to Gainesville.
We still need a couple of volunteers for this meet. Volunteering gets you into the meet at no cost! Sign up to help at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DADAC23A4F9C61-buchholz8.
BHS’s allotment of tickets are available via the QR code in the attached PDF until Tuesday morning; after that the tickets go into a general pool that can be purchased by any of the participating teams. We are limited to 200 total tickets for the venue.
The gates for spectators will open at 10:15 am. Spectators will receive wristbands at the gate.
Parking in the Planet Swim pool parking lot will be limited to coaches, officials, and venue staff.
All other parking is first-come, first-served at the available lots marked on the map in the attached PDF. DO NOT PARK AT THE CROSSWATER COMMUNITY CHURCH. Planet Swim will be running a van to the far lots in Davis park to shuttle those who require assistance.
The heat sheet will be sent out as soon as it is ready.
The document BUCHHOLZ_QR_and_map.pdf was attached to this post.