News and Announcements
Let’s get excited Bobcats! Districts are here!
There is a mandatory team practice and breakfast for all swimmers (including club!) from 6:00 to 7:30 am on Tuesday (October 18) at the Northeast Pool.
Important information on the meet is below.
Planet Swim and Tennis
300 Davis Park Road
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32081
- Arrive AT BUCHHOLZ no later than: 7:00 am (come to the parking loop in front of the gym)
- Bus departs: 7:30 am
- Meet warm-ups: 10:15 am
- Meet starts: 11:30 am
- Approximate meet end: 3:00 pm
- Approximate bus arrival AT BUCHHOLZ: 5:30–6:00 pm
It is mandatory that swimmers stay until the end of the meet and return to Gainesville on the team bus. Bus will return to Buchholz and swimmers can be picked up there.
- Athletes should wear their black 2022 team shirt, team sweatshirt (if purchased), and team sweatpants (to be handed out at Tuesday practice).
- Athletes should wear TENNIS SHOES to the meet. No flip flops or slides!
- Black team suits or tech suits must be worn for the competition by swimmers. Team caps must be worn if you wear a cap.
What to Bring
- Bobcat spirit gear (beads, ears, pom pons!)
- Swim gear (goggles, towels, nose clips, etc.)
- Folding chair for use under team tents on pool deck
- It will be sunny but cool at the meet, so bring sunscreen and anything else you wish to use to keep warm between events (parkas, etc.).
- Athletes should bring their own snacks and drinks, and the team will supplement: swimmers will be provided with breakfast bags upon loading the bus at Buchholz and with boxed lunches upon arrival at the meet. Snacks will also be provided for the bus ride back to Gainesville.
We still need a couple of volunteers for this meet. Volunteering gets you into the meet at no cost! Sign up to help at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DADAC23A4F9C61-buchholz8.
BHS’s allotment of tickets are available via the QR code in the attached PDF until Tuesday morning; after that the tickets go into a general pool that can be purchased by any of the participating teams. We are limited to 200 total tickets for the venue.
The gates for spectators will open at 10:15 am. Spectators will receive wristbands at the gate.
Parking in the Planet Swim pool parking lot will be limited to coaches, officials, and venue staff.
All other parking is first-come, first-served at the available lots marked on the map in the attached PDF. DO NOT PARK AT THE CROSSWATER COMMUNITY CHURCH. Planet Swim will be running a van to the far lots in Davis park to shuttle those who require assistance.
The heat sheet will be sent out as soon as it is ready.
The document BUCHHOLZ_QR_and_map.pdf was attached to this post.
Good evening Bobcat families!
Attached please find the QR code for purchasing Buchholz’s allotment of tickets for Wednesday’s swimming Districts meet. Tickets are available until Tuesday at 7:30 am using the code. After that time, remaining tickets in our allotment and any other unsold tickets become available for purchase by the general public until the venue capacity (200 tickets) has been reached.
We will be issuing wristbands to ticket holders upon arrival at the meet.
Before purchasing a ticket, PLEASE consider volunteering instead as we need to fill our required positions in order to run the meet. Volunteer sign-up is available here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DADAC23A4F9C61-buchholz8
The document BUCHHOLZ.pdf was attached to this post.
Hello Bobcat families!
As we head into District meets next week, we need your help! Buchholz is co-hosting the swimming meet, and we need some parent volunteers to serve as timers, a deck runner, and a parking lot monitor. If you are going to the meet and are able to help, please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DADAC23A4F9C61-buchholz8.
All of these positions will allow you to watch the swimming, so you won’t miss a thing and you get in for free rather than buying a spectator ticket.
Thank you in advance for your help!
BHS swimmers and divers,
I want to thank all of you for a great season. When doing our Districts entries, I tried to put a line-up that will score at Regionals in first, then fill in our Districts line up, and then try and give opportunities to as many athletes as I could with the available spots we had left. With that said, not everyone got a spot on the line-up but we appreciate you and the contributions you’ve made to the team this season!
If you cannot go to Districts, this is your LAST CALL. I can’t change entries once I submit.
Swimming District Team Checklist: I need you to do and put on your calendar.
- Tuesday 10/18/22 – All swimmers to BHS practice (including club), 6:00 to 7:30 AM at Northeast. Relays / Team Breakfast
- I need your NEW USA Swimming ID number to put into HyTek or your times will not transfer to the USA database. Send it on Group Me.
- In the events you are entered in, please send me your best time (use Group Me). The new USA Swimming website’s time search isn’t working well right now.
Diving District Team Checklist:
- Divers, make sure you are talking over your dive list. We need to send those in in a couple days.
Thank you! Individual events attached.
The document bhs_meet_entry_for_districts.pdf was attached to this post.
Good morning Bobcats!
After a correction to the results, we are happy to announce that both the BHS men and women won the Wednesday meet against GHS and Oak Hall. Updated results and scores are in the attached PDF.
Congratulations to all Buchholz swimmers and divers!
The document results_10522_2_.pdf was attached to this post.