News and Announcements
Good morning Bobcats!
Attached please find the heat sheet for tomorrow’s Regional swimming meet in Ocala.
Good luck to diver Kayla Scheel in her meet this afternoon and to all participating swimmers tomorrow!
The document Class_4A_Region_1_Heat_Sheet.pdf was attached to this post.
Important information on the BHS Regional meets is below! The selection list is also attached, showing the qualified athletes; relay-only swimmers have been invited by Coach John through the GroupMe chat.
Riley Davis (relay)
Ethan Hogge (relay)
Connor Van Steenburgh
Malachi Walters (relay)
William Xu (relay)
Location (Diving and Swimming)
Florida Aquatic Swimming and Training Aquatic Center
4635 SW 67th Ave.
Ocala, FL 34476
Friday, October 28
Arrive by: 3:45 pm
Warm up: 4:00 pm
Meet start: 5:30 pm
Saturday, October 29
Arrive by: 7:45 am
Warm up: 8:00 am
Meet start: 10:00 am
. Coaches and athletes must get to their meets on their own.
Athletes must enter the facility through the rear outdoor pool gate (accessible through the rear parking lot).
- Athletes should wear their black 2022 team shirt, team sweatshirt (if purchased), and team sweatpants. The meets are indoors but if the air is blasting it can be cool on the pool deck.
- Athletes should wear TENNIS SHOES to the meets. No flip flops or slides!
- Black team suits must be worn by the divers. Black team suits or tech suits must be worn for the competition by swimmers. Team caps must be worn if you wear a cap.
What to Bring
- Bobcat spirit gear (beads, ears, pom pons!)
- Swim gear (goggles, towels, chamois, nose clips, etc.)
- Athletes should bring their own snacks and drinks, and the team will supplement.
- DO NOT bring folding chairs; there is plenty of bleacher seating on the pool deck for athletes.
We need to provide two volunteer timers for this meet. Volunteering gets you into the meet at no cost! Sign up to help at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DADAC23A4F9C61-buchholz9.
Tickets are available via the GoFan app ($7.00) each. To access the tickets, you can use the links below:
- DIVING (October 28): https://gofan.co/app/events/727954?schoolId=FL2604
- SWIMMING (October 29): https://gofan.co/app/events/727939?schoolId=FL2604
Spectator seating is in the upper deck of the natatorium. DO NOT bring tents or folding chairs as you will not need them at this meet.
Spectator entry is through the main/front entry doors of the facility. Doors will open at 4:00 pm for the diving meet Friday and at 8:00 am for the swimming meet Saturday.
There is plenty of parking at the venue.
The document Region_4A_1Selections.pdf was attached to this post.
Good morning Bobcats!
Attached are the District meet results – congratulations to the BHS men and women for each taking third place! The swimming and diving meets were very competitive, so everyone should be very proud of their efforts! On to Regionals!
Many thanks to those of you who have completed the team banquet RSVP. If you haven’t done so yet, please take a moment to tell us if you and guests will attend by going to the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeITUT_pFwwVxiKO_J5BH1H87HSE6LIVaWjAY9UtZC0q92AXg/viewform?usp=sf_link
The document 4A_D1_final_scores_and_results.pdf was attached to this post.
Good afternoon Bobcats!
The BHS Swimming and Diving team banquet will be held in the Buchholz cafeteria on November 14, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
Athletes can attend at no cost; there will be a $10 charge per additional guest to help cover part of the cost of catering the event (Piesanos).
So that we can plan for the approximate number of attendees, please take a moment to complete the RSVP survey to tell us how many members of your family will attend the banquet.
The survey can be accessed here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeITUT_pFwwVxiKO_J5BH1H87HSE6LIVaWjAY9UtZC0q92AXg/viewform?usp=sf_link
BHS Swimming and Diving Booster Club Board
Attached please find the heat sheet for tomorrow’s District swimming meet.
Heat sheets will not be sold at the meet, so please print what you need.
The document heat_sheet_4A_D1.pdf was attached to this post.