City Meet information, heat sheet, gear vendor on-site
The 2022 City Meet is almost here!
Important information on the meet is below, including on a special opportunity we have with a gear vendor coming to this event.
Date: Saturday, September 24
1100 NE 14th St
Athlete Timeline (Swimmers and Divers)
Optional tech suit fitting start time: 11:00 am (see details below)
Arrive no later than: 11:45 am
Meet start: 1:00 pm
Approximate end time: 4:00 pm
Chick-fil-A meals will be provided for athletes and coaches at the end of the meet!
Apparel and What to Bring
- Athletes should wear their black 2022 team shirt to school Friday to get in the spirit!
- Athletes should wear their black 2022 team shirt and TENNIS SHOES to the meet. No flip flops or slides!
- Black team suits must be worn for the competition by swimmers and divers. Team caps must be worn if you wear a cap.
- Athletes should bring folding chairs and we will have team tents set up for shade. We are expecting to have team tents outside of the pool area for this meet.
- Athletes should bring their own snacks and drinks, and the team will supplement with fruit, water, and Gatorade. The meet is longer than a typical weeknight competition and the pool deck will be hot, so athletes should bring plenty of liquids to stay hydrated.
- Athletes are to use the locker room restrooms. Parents are to use the restrooms in the park.
We still need some volunteers. If you have not volunteered yet, please consider doing so at this meet! sign up to help at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DADAC23A4F9C61-20223.
The heat sheet is attached. Relay line-ups will be communicated at the meet by the coaches.
TYR Vendor On SIte at Meet
The team’s TYR gear vendor will be on site with suits, goggles, and other swim and dive gear for sale, and for tech suit fittings. This fitting opportunity will only be available from 11:00 am to approximately 2:00 pm, so swimmers should plan to try on suits before the meet begins if they wish to do so. The vendor is offering discounted pricing on tech suits for Buchholz swimmers.
Tech suits are specialized competition suits that provide compression and repel water. For high school swimmers, tech suits can be worn at the District, Regional, and State meets, but it is not required to purchase and wear one.
The document city_meet_heat_sheet__3_.pdf was attached to this post.