Meet-and-Greet Wrap-Up, Important Reminders
It was great to see those of you who were able to make the meet-and-greet this afternoon. Thank you for coming!
Some key points came up that we wanted to make sure to communicate to everyone:
- Athletes should try on their team suits (with the tags still on) as soon as possible to make sure they fit. If they do not fit, we can do exchanges for suits that still have their tags attached.
- If you have not turned in team paperwork and completed the Home Campus Athletic Clearance submission (https://athleticclearance.fhsaahome.org/), please do so as soon as possible to ensure no delays in your athlete’s ability to practice and compete.
- The first meet on Wednesday, August 17, is for all Gainesville high schools, so there will be many athletes and spectators attending; please watch for more details via e-mail before the meet, including parking information as the lots will be crowded.
- Volunteers are needed to help set up and take down athlete tents, to provide snacks and water for athletes, and to take photos during the Wednesday meet. Sign-up is open at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DADAC23A4F9C61-20222 and the Alachua County Public Schools volunteer form can be found at https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/MTU3OmVuLVVT. Please consider volunteering!
- Team caps will be distributed to swimmers at the relay meet on Wednesday. Swimmers who are not cleared to compete in time for that meet can get their caps at the next practice or meet.
- Fan gear from the Buchholz Swimming and Diving team store’s first online order period has not been delivered yet. We are awaiting an update on the order status and will keep you posted as we learn more.
- The second order period from the team store closes on Wednesday, August 17. This is the last time we will be able to order fan gear for this season, so please make sure you place your orders by Wednesday at https://bakerssport-buchholzswimminganddiving.itemorder.com/.
- The City Meet is on September 24 at the Northeast Pool. It had originally been scheduled to start at 7:45 AM, but the new start time is 12:00 PM.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We are looking forward to a fun and exciting 2022 season!
BHS Swimming and Diving Booster Club Board